Ever wanted to send a message to many people at once? Now you can, introducing - Mass Messaging.
This plugin is for BuddyPress, it adds a dashboard menu and a tab in the messages section. Once you navigate into the messages section and click the "Mass Messaging" tab you have access to all the options which you chose in the dashboard.
Including mass messaging to:
- Members of Groups
- Members of Blogs (Sites)
- Select all buttons to allow mass messaging to all members easily.
In this page you also see 'subject' and 'description' just like on the Buddypress compose page.
- Upload the folder
Mass Messaging in Buddypressto the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Change the settings in the dashboard
- Navigate through to the messages section in the frontend to find the mass messaging page
Frequently Asked Questions
It's not loading, what's wrong?
Firstly, this is only for Wordpress (Network too!) running Buddypress. Check you have these installed correctly. Then, check you have activated the plugin.
The best way to get issues resolved is to head to the plugin page, and comment!
All groups (override) is only showing public groups, can I change this?
Yes, as of 1.1.4 you can change line 8 to read
define('MassMessagingGroupsOverrideShowOnlyPublic', 'false'); which will in turn show ALL groups not just those that are public.
All blogs (override) is only showing public blogs, can I change this?
Yes, as of 1.1.4 you can change line 9 to read
define('MassMessagingBlogsOverrideShowOnlyPublic', 'false'); which will in turn show ALL blogs not just those that are public.
- Support for WP 3.6.1 and BP 1.8.1
- Security fix for external images
- Added override options for selecting all regardless of friends or membership
- Whitespace error / headers bug fix
- Image definition changes
- Function definition changes
- Backend design changes
- Bug fix for select all boxes
- Readme restructure
- Bug fix for loading issues
- Bug fix for translation issues
- Added support for wordpress toolbar
- Bug fix for form syntax issues
- Added support for minimum role type required to send mass messages
- Bug fix for url references
- Bug fix for user login and name references
- Bug fix for incorrect template location
- Initial Release
- Consider developing Mass Messaging in BuddyPress Pro (paid upgrade) to add specific integrated features.